My KCC Election Manifesto & Video

Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Gagged By Thanet Council (Again)

So Thanet Council have threatened me with legal action unless I take down my recent blog post in which I published confidential documents about the Margate Dreamland Amusement Park. They have also threatened me with the legal action unless I change the content of this post as well. They are unhappy that the documents I previously published CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL.
CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL  CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL  CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL 
This is the third time TDC have threatened me with, or taken legal action against me. In 2014 they took out a High Court Injunction against me to prevent me from publishing secret council papers about the  Ramsgate Pleasurama development which has blighted the seafront for almost 20 years. I tried to fight the case without legal support but lost. TDC recently placed a charge on my family home of  £23,000 plus 8% annual interest to recover their legal costs. This debt will become bigger and bigger as, being a full-time career for my disabled daughters, I am not working and can only afford to pay back  £80 per month which doesn’t even meet half of the interest rate.  
Naturally, after having learned the hard way, I am not going to challenge TDC on its order to take down the blogpost. I have now removed it and complied with TDCs request. I hope I hear nothing further about legal action. But that’s not the end of it! What happened with Pleasurama and now Dreamland demonstrates how rotten, secretive and incompetent some senior officers and political bosses at TDC are. They will stop at nothing to cover-up the results of their mismanagement including threats of legal action and setting up sham investigations which never reveal the truth about serious maladministration and misconduct.
CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCILCENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL  CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCILCENSORED BY THANET COUNCILCENSORED BY THANET COUNCILCENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL  CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL  CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL  CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL THANET COUNCIL CENSORED BY THANET COUNCIL  As everyone knows disenchanted and angry staff often like  to expose their bullying employers, so I expect many more embarrassing documents and bits of information will be leaking from TDC over the next weeks and months. Bring it on say I.   
Finally, legal threats or not, I will continue to use my blog to expose, in the public interest, any incompetence, maladministration or wrongdoing at TDC. I appeal to anyone reading this blog to get in touch with me if you have any evidence of dodgy dealings at TDC, or anywhere else in Thanet for that matter. I will protect your identity and ensure that your role in tipping me off is not known.  
I will be publishing further articles about Dreamland over the next few days and will continue pushing for an independent public enquiry. There’s also a lot to say about the Local Plan, the Super Council, and Parkway Station so please keep reading my blog to keep up to date with local news. I might have been gagged but I’ve not been  silenced and will  continue to hold our public servants to  account without fear or favour.   

3 comments:

  1. Well done Ian, more power to you. It is disgusting that the corrupt and rotten TDC can go about their business in this way. The whole thing is so rotten to the core it has been this way for a generation. I am very sorry that they feel that they have to silence you in this way but I guess that is how corrupt dictatorships survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are TDC threatening lawyers for your criticism of Homer. She is expensive and useless

    ReplyDelete
  3. 08:54 TDC and Homer are desperate in trying to gag Ian with lawyers fro fair crticism. Which councilors approved this action?

    ReplyDelete